14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Short video of my turbo 02

PatAllen

This is a test crapy video, where i accelerate in 2nd and 3rd up to 80mph, and give up accelerating after since there was trafic...

a lot of wheel spin thru the whole acceleration. Didnt try to make the tires stick at all...shift at 5krpm in 2nd and 3rd.

Just to show how intense this car is...

I will try to make a nicer one with my friend's true camcorder, once i will find a proper video converter (gawd damned .mod files !!)

2961905510_54c51e9a28_b.jpg

when i push 1st it goes even faster...the thing is, i cannot throtle down in first, too much wheel spin, it takes a lot of control on the throtle to bring up maximum speed in 1st without spin, then second may go without spin as well since the car has more motion.

then it is crazy fast.

too bad, once the video was uploaded the brightness changed, we dont see the speedo needle and the turbo boost anymore...

It was fun on the original video to see the needle sweeping to 80 mph...

i throtle it down at time 7s and release it at 14s...so that makes 7 seconds from lets say, 10mph to 80mph, with tons of wheel spin.

Pat:

I've installed SDS EM4 6F in my73CS. What are you using for data logging?

Doug

i use Tech edge wide band 02 sensor, it has several inputs to connect lets say RPM, map, tps,...and can be seen on a laptop in real time or logging.

Very nice feature when tuning.

The SDS has now the capability of self-afr compensation so all you need to do is a run at wot and see what it recorded at each 500rpm, and then just compensate if you want to enrich or weaken the mixture. Too easy.

Thanks Pat. I have a WMS wideband and it probably has the data outputs as well. Probably won't work with mac computers. I've used the AF logging feature and have the air/fuel pretty much dialled from idle to redline.

The lingering issues I'm having are low speed operation as in cold start (fast idle just 1000rpm), throttle sensitivity (slight hesitation) and engine occasionally dies when idling. All minor drivability issues that I keep tinkering with.

Your Turbo looks fantastic.

Doug

Thanks Pat. I have a WMS wideband and it probably has the data outputs as well. Probably won't work with mac computers. I've used the AF logging feature and have the air/fuel pretty much dialled from idle to redline.

The lingering issues I'm having are low speed operation as in cold start (fast idle just 1000rpm), throttle sensitivity (slight hesitation) and engine occasionally dies when idling. All minor drivability issues that I keep tinkering with.

Your Turbo looks fantastic.

Doug

thanks for the comments...it may look fantastic but the shell is tired. Spare well is rusted out, frame rails needs to be fixed mad,...the car flexes a lot !!