1971 2002 with M20 power $4500!

I listed the CL ad for this car previously, but my buddy (whom I'm advertising this for) took the ad down as he needed to use the car as a daily driver. So, here it is again as he's gotta finish his '34 Ford project before his new baby arrives.

This car has cosmetic issues, but it's nothing a diy'er and a good bodyshop couldn't handle. The good thing about it is all the swap & performance stuff is done, it just needs to be cleaned up and made to order of new owner.

He'd like to get $4500 OBO

Located in Hacienda Heights, CA

I've driven the car a few times myself and can vouch for it's speed and reliability. I can give you his number to set up a test drive of your own.

Propulsion:

-M20 B25 from an auto 325i 'vert w/80k mi (2.5L inline 6cyl)

-gearbox is standard 5spd from an E30 325i (fit w/no cutting to trans tunnel)

-VDO digital speed sender and gauge

-running a stock ECU (cant remember the number, but it's the easy one to re-chip)

-new clutch, slave, timing belt, seals, H2o pump, fuel pump, etc

-I.E. E36 aluminum radiator

-electric fan

-2 front 525 exhaust manifolds and y-pipe (fits like stock w/no idler arm interference!)

-custom exhaust (very quiet. called a 'sissy' exhaust by fellow hotrodders. lol)

-shortened and re-built driveshaft

-has open diff installed, but he'll throw in a 3.91 or 3.64 LSD that you'll have to install yourself

-we made our own motormount brackets to get the motor as low as possible and the driveline as straight as possible. The trans tunnel was expanded a little around the clutch slave, but there was no cutting needed!

-I.E. polyurethane motor mounts

Suspension:

-new Bilstein Sports

-new I.E. stage II springs

-new ball joints and linkages

-powdercoated E30 basketweaves and new tires

Brakes:

-front / I.E. Volvo upgrade, w/new pads & rotors

-rear / I.E. large drum upgrade w/new everything (besides used/sandblasted backplate)

-SS braided brake lines

Body:

-Agave Green

-dents here and there but rust-less

-new I.E. front poly airdam never installed!

Interior:

-Tobacco / black

-needs TLC

-custom gauge cluster by North Hollywood Speedo (complete refurb w/digital speedometer). Take a good look at the pic below

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

what is that being used for the upper radiator support?

also I got to say a little bit of work on this car would go a long way. Pick up a porter cable 7424 orbital buffer the extra money you get out of the car will pay for the buffer. Its impossible to burn the paint with it and it will take all that oxidation off and leave you with a glass like finish, It will not remove scratches but swirl marks for sure. Also go down to one of those self pay upholstery machines sometimes found at high end gas stations or at the pay to wash your own car spot. Or if you take it down to a detailing shop they will probably do it for you for like $40 bucks if you do a good job vacuuming before and remove the front seats yourself.

I think this car would be quite a looker if you put some time into her and shes gonna have a whole lot more "curb appeal".

what is that being used for the upper radiator support?

also I got to say a little bit of work on this car would go a long way. Pick up a porter cable 7424 orbital buffer the extra money you get out of the car will pay for the buffer. Its impossible to burn the paint with it and it will take all that oxidation off and leave you with a glass like finish, It will not remove scratches but swirl marks for sure. Also go down to one of those self pay upholstery machines sometimes found at high end gas stations or at the pay to wash your own car spot. Or if you take it down to a detailing shop they will probably do it for you for like $40 bucks if you do a good job vacuuming before and remove the front seats yourself.

I think this car would be quite a looker if you put some time into her and shes gonna have a whole lot more "curb appeal".

there's a bar and bracket in there to hold the rad right now. I believe he welded in brackets at the bottom also.

I agree on the paint but Jesse, the owner, just doesn't have time to do it. This was a daily project, but his '34 is a high-dollar show car and I guess he's just given it priority over the '02. I keep telling him he'll regret it!

Can you confirm that it's a 2.7l M20?

The M20B27 is the eta engine, the "i" engine would be the M20B25.

thats what i was saying unless they did the 2.7i, which is taking the 2.7es bottom end and putting the 2.5 head and full upper comp on there. makes one heck of a fun little motor.

oohh, thanks guys. you're absolutely right. It is a B25. I was thinking about my old car.