14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

M2 Exhaust?

cccmanhattan

I have two M2s and am not thrilled with the exhaust on either. One is a bit crudely run with a straight shot from the downpipe to the rear axle and a bit too loud with no resonator and ricey muffler. The other is a bit better laid out and quieter with a glasspak for a resonator and a muffler, but it could actually be a bit louder. I also have a J-Prepared Class E30 M3 race car and that exhaust sounds great, but wouldn't fit in a 2002 without modification.

Are there any good M2 Exhaust kits out there? Or does anyone know of the prefered setup for a clean install and good, but liveable sound?

I also have a 2.5 but its aluminized. I have a generic straight through resonator and a magnaflow can out back. It sounds great but its getting louder as the miles go on. I have 28k on it and i think the cheap resonator is burning out. when new I couldnt have asked for a better sounding exhaust. It still sounds great but a tad loud. I think the turbo exhaust may be a touch small

I think it might be hard to do a batch of exhausts because the cars are all a little different, but you could ask him. He does good work, but he does not do it quickly. His shop is Mountain Auto SPort Racing in Ludlow, VT (802) 228-4835. Let me know how it turns out. Are you selling the Malaga car?

Yep. I'm selling the Malaga car and keeping the black one for the fleet. The Malaga car is nicer consmetically, but I became attached to the Black car while working on it this summer. It's also set up a bit more purposefully, where the Malaga car is well sorted, but a bit more of a sleeper with "authentic" vintage handling.

Couple of things I've come across:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,295132/highlight,s14/

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,315693/highlight,s14/

Like Steve said, the turbo exhaust may be a little restrictive. I recall from my failing memory that Jeff I. once stated a 15 hp or so loss. Some use it with great success. Custom is likely best. Bet there are a ton of guys in NYC who could do this. Mario Langsten at VSR builds a mean exhaust too. I have one on my e30.

Just make sure it's supported at the tranny and remember the X-pipe.