• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M2 Exhaust?

cccmanhattan

I have two M2s and am not thrilled with the exhaust on either. One is a bit crudely run with a straight shot from the downpipe to the rear axle and a bit too loud with no resonator and ricey muffler. The other is a bit better laid out and quieter with a glasspak for a resonator and a muffler, but it could actually be a bit louder. I also have a J-Prepared Class E30 M3 race car and that exhaust sounds great, but wouldn't fit in a 2002 without modification.

Are there any good M2 Exhaust kits out there? Or does anyone know of the prefered setup for a clean install and good, but liveable sound?

I have a 2.5 inch stainless steel with center resonator and muffler that Kermit Upton in Ludlow, VT built and it sounds great. The pic is not great. The next best thing is probably a Turbo factory exhaust

post-16034-13667631562456_thumb.jpg

post-812-13667631563356_thumb.jpg

1973 Verona 2002 2.5 L s14

1998 M3

I also have a 2.5 but its aluminized. I have a generic straight through resonator and a magnaflow can out back. It sounds great but its getting louder as the miles go on. I have 28k on it and i think the cheap resonator is burning out. when new I couldnt have asked for a better sounding exhaust. It still sounds great but a tad loud. I think the turbo exhaust may be a touch small

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I have a 2.5 inch stainless steel with center resonator and muffler that Kermit Upton in Ludlow, VT built and it sounds great. The pic is not great. The next best thing is probably a Turbo factory exhaust

Do you think Kermit's up for making a couple more exhausts? Do you have his contact info?

I think it might be hard to do a batch of exhausts because the cars are all a little different, but you could ask him. He does good work, but he does not do it quickly. His shop is Mountain Auto SPort Racing in Ludlow, VT (802) 228-4835. Let me know how it turns out. Are you selling the Malaga car?

1973 Verona 2002 2.5 L s14

1998 M3

Yep. I'm selling the Malaga car and keeping the black one for the fleet. The Malaga car is nicer consmetically, but I became attached to the Black car while working on it this summer. It's also set up a bit more purposefully, where the Malaga car is well sorted, but a bit more of a sleeper with "authentic" vintage handling.

Couple of things I've come across:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,295132/highlight,s14/

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,315693/highlight,s14/

Like Steve said, the turbo exhaust may be a little restrictive. I recall from my failing memory that Jeff I. once stated a 15 hp or so loss. Some use it with great success. Custom is likely best. Bet there are a ton of guys in NYC who could do this. Mario Langsten at VSR builds a mean exhaust too. I have one on my e30.

Just make sure it's supported at the tranny and remember the X-pipe.

74 '02- M2 under construction by SnailPace Restoration, Inc.

88 M3 unmodified when retired from track

97 332is CrewCab (M3/4/5 )

99 MCoupe-- track rat