spark plugs, wires, what else

jdt10768

I am getting some materials together to try and make the car run a bit better, since I don't know the history of the current parts. I have new spark plugs, wires, and plan to order:

Distributor Rotor, Ignition Points, Distributor Cap, Distributor O-Ring, Ignition Condenser

Is there anything I have excluded, or should add to the order?

and especially if your engine and dizzy have 125k or more miles, I'd check the point plate (the moveable plate that holds the points) for smooth action, check the vacuum advance to make sure it does move the point plate, check the dizzy shaft for wear (the bushings can be replaced), and finally with the point plate out, clean and lubricate the centrifugal weights so that they move smoothly. With distributors, the devil's in the details, because a small amount of wear can really affect distributor performance and consistency.

mike

Originally posted by: jdt10768

I am getting some materials together to try and make the car run a bit better, since I don't know the history of the current parts. I have new spark plugs, wires, and plan to order:

Distributor Rotor, Ignition Points, Distirbutor Cap, Distributor O-Ring, Ignition Condenser

Is there anything I have excluded, or should add to the order?

Also include an oil pressure switch.

We all knew that oil is another important fluid that ensures superb engine performance, so we need to regulate the oil flow and pressure in our vehicle so that all engine parts get the right amount of oil.

issue with gauges in that location are that they are, well, just decorations. way below sight line and further hidden from view by your arm and possibly the shift knob. important gauges like oil pressure need to be as high as practical so you can see them while driving. mine is on top of the dash in a two gauge pod with the a/f ratio. next best location is on the dash shelf like alpina did. next best would be at the top of the center console stack where the useless ashtray is.