14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Weber carb from website

ejs

i bought a Weber from the Weber website. Shipped from europartsdirect out of NY for $289. Assumed it would be jetted for a BMW. They didn't tell you what the settings were for the jets. Did not buy the Pierce jetting kit, needed to get if on right away.

I didn't take the cover off the carb but the jets I could see said 160 and 170. Got an electric and there was a wire on the Solex even though it was a water choke. Started right up like it never did before. Never could get the Solex choke to work and it was always hard starting.

i bought a Weber from the Weber website. Shipped from europartsdirect out of NY for $289. Assumed it would be jetted for a BMW. They didn't tell you what the settings were for the jets. Did not buy the Pierce jetting kit, needed to get if on right away.

I didn't take the cover off the carb but the jets I could see said 160 and 170. Got an electric and there was a wire on the Solex even though it was a water choke. Started right up like it never did before. Never could get the Solex choke to work and it was always hard starting.

Mine is "stock" jets and runs like a scalded dog.. But I believe the re-jetting would enhance the idle and fine tune the fuel metering for the M10.

I wish they would tell you what the stock jets were when ordering, I couldn't get that info. It would have been easier to do this when carb was in box. Hopefully this will help someone else. Just want to run the car for awhile without doing any more work on it.

Wasn't too hard to put jcarb on. I did not take out the old water choke nipples and replace them with bolts. Just ran the hose from one end to the other to make a short loop.