14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

02 in the Desert! (02, 911 and 510 content!)

jrhone

Just completed a roundtrip to visit my brother in Phoenix! With all the changes to the 02s cooling system I was a little leary, but as always the 02 ran PERFECTLY! The temp was always about 1/2 up, never more...the electric fan worked as expected and the car was running great even in 110 degree heat! All the way there and back I averaged about 85 mph. Other than being in that heat with no A/C...the car performed amazingly well! Exceeded all my expectations. Here is a pic of how it was running....also a pic of my brothers AMAZING 911 and his old 510 race car! The 911 is actually a 79 911sc with a full metal factory 964 Turbo widebody, 930 suspension, RS race parts and 19" champion wheels and carbon brakes. Interior is fully redone with factory sport seats and working AC! The 510 was a full race car that he actually drove on the street...was his only car! Put lights in it, pulled off the numbers and drove it around. I remember sitting on the battery box and holding onto the roll bar and being dropped off at school! It ran SCCA GT2 and IMSA GTU in the late 70s early 80s until he bought a full tube frame 200sx. That pic is from Sears Point...now Infineon...

By the way, if anyone thinks the 02 is a rough riding car....I LOVE the 911 but my brothers car is probably close to race car harsh! Loved it though...handled like it was truly on rails! but driving the same roads in the 02 and his car wasnt even close...the 02 is such a comfortable car even dropped low like mine!

sorry about the crappy pic quality..no time to do a real shoot!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I drive the 65 miles back and forth from Nogales to Tucson, AZ all the time with the tach running between 4600 and 4800 rpm with a 3.64 rear end. And this is with outside temps in the hundreds and the A/C full on. Doesn't seem to hurt anything. As stated above, that's what these engines were designed to do.

Bob Napier