Willy - my 1969 2002 at Targa Newfoundland

JackH

Hi all,

I'm not done finishing my blog on our adventure last week at Targa Newfoundland, but a few of you have suggested I post the URL here, so here you go:

http://www.flyingrubberracing.com/2010/09/targa-newfoundland-2010/

A very easy to miss link is at the very end. A link to my wife's own account of events (and "war & peace writeup"from her perspective). Her PDF account of the event has more pics then my blog, so if you are into it - be sure to click on that link.

In a nutshell, Ed, Willy and I had a blast. We finished! ...albeit, not in the way we had hoped... They changed the rules this year, so the classic division is not what it used to be. 3-time past winner, Roy Hopkins recognized that and took a factory ride in a classic Dodge. Sadly, "Woodstock" (his '69 '02) sat on the sidelines, so all the "classic BMW pressure" was on us. The good news? ...we were 3rd up until Thursday afternoon. The bad news? ...well, you can read the blog and decide if it was bad news - or just an amazing adventure. ...I'd like to think the latter and am still reeling.

Our cars are amazing! 40 years old (plus) and yet able to compete against '80's Porshces and big American iron. ...but one bad ANS fitting and...

Anywho - enjoy!