put that 32/36 on my car. came out ok. any tips?

flyingfool

so i put the 32/36 weber on yesterday afternoon, drove it for a while just to see. was pretty rough, sugring a bit in the 40s-60s and was dieseling on shut off. tuned it up a bit this afternoon, and now i got a small flat spot around 20 - 30 mph..nothing BAD, but ill try and work it out.

on the plus side, i am pleased.

more torque, low end power, wich is an unexpected benefit! I woulda guessed to have more uper end with the bigger secondary and all.

and, heres a wierd one. my car still could not be started with the key, untill last night. after driving around, shaking like it was, i guess whatever is loose got pushed back into place. sounds like the neutral safty after all.

anyone got tips on jetting or other mods to a weber 36?

the fuel passage orifices nominally in hundredths of a millimeter. Thus a "55" idle jet is a nominal .55mm in diameter, and a "135" main jet is a nominal 1.35mm. The numbers are stamped somewhere on the jet--often difficult to read, so suggest having a magnifying glass handy--a "60" can look like an "80." BTY, never clean 'em out by poking a wire or drill bit through 'em--it doesn't take much to shave off a few hundredths of a mm and radically alter the diameter.

You can order jets from a number of sources--most anyone who carries Weber carbs; you might be able to find 'em locally if there's a place nearby that specializes in air-cooled VW Beetles--esp dune buggies.

Cheers

mike