14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

85mm Linkage Setter prototype

shipm_8

While cleaning the garage, I bumped into a baggie of ball studs, another baggie of acorn nuts and a few brackets I had hoarded for this project. Here is my first shot at a prototype for a 85mm linkage setter, home made version:

L1080616-1.jpg

Close up of ball stud:

L1080615.jpg

and comparison with original BMW tool, p/n 88 88 6 135 040 aka 13 5 040 aka 6071

L1080614-1.jpg

Hello Armond...Now that I know these ball studs work, and that I can make this without injuring myself, I may try to make one for the accelerator linkage (289mm).

Jim, how did you know? Pepe is the shop supervisor, yes!

I'm out of the bearing kits, but have a bunch of the M14 nuts, and happy to put a stamp on one or a handful of them if you'd like. Here are the parts for a kit if you'd like to round them up next time you make a virtual trip to McMaster-Carr.

2ea 5909K14, Cage assembly for 17mm shaft dia steel needle-roller thrust bearing

4ea 5909K74, 1mm thick washer for 17mm shaft diameter, needle-roller thrust bearing

1ea 91280A784, hex head cap screw, M14, 45mm, 2mm pitch

1ea 90576A120, nylon-insert locknut M14

Distinguished and serene pose. Could it be because I had a biscuit on one hand and the camera on the other?

L10805981.jpg

Hello Armond...Now that I know these ball studs work, and that I can make this without injuring myself, I may try to make one for the accelerator linkage (289mm).

Jim, how did you know? Pepe is the shop supervisor, yes!

I'm out of the bearing kits, but have a bunch of the M14 nuts, and happy to put a stamp on one or a handful of them if you'd like. Here are the parts for a kit if you'd like to round them up next time you make a virtual trip to McMaster-Carr.

2ea 5909K14, Cage assembly for 17mm shaft dia steel needle-roller thrust bearing

4ea 5909K74, 1mm thick washer for 17mm shaft diameter, needle-roller thrust bearing

1ea 91280A784, hex head cap screw, M14, 45mm, 2mm pitch

1ea 90576A120, nylon-insert locknut M14

Distinguished and serene pose. Could it be because I had a biscuit on one hand and the camera on the other?

L10805981.jpg

Thanks William! Will fill up my basket at McMaster-Carr.