• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driving light brackets

zambo

I am also looking for a set of these brackets any idea when you think version 2.0 will be ready..??

The design has been finalized. The form die is being manudactured which make take a couple of weeks. We will then make a prototype, install it, test and check it for functionality and cosmetics. If the prototype does not need any modifications then new brackets can be made shortly after that. If on the other hand, the prototype needs adjusting, then it may take a little longer.

If you need a set right away and your car is fairly stock that is used occasionally, then you can still get the version 1.0 aluminum brackets. A have a few of those left.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just posting to follow this thread & throw my hat in the ring of "interested" people. ;) Let us know when they're ready to order!

Matt

I needed a car, and a hobby....

Nor'East '02ers-

www.bmw2002.us

Betty VIN 4229155

The original colour was Malaga, paint code 021

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Just posting to follow this thread & throw my hat in the ring of "interested" people. ;) Let us know when they're ready to order!

Matt

Thanks Matt. The prototype has been made. I am testing the fit, the stiffness, and the overall cosmetics. The die is being adjusted and I should be ready soon to make the actual brackets. I will let you know when they are ready.

The price has been set at $40 a set plus shipping. I suspect shipping will remain at $5 despite the steel being heavier than aluminum.

I will post an announcement on the General Discussion board and on the For Sale board with pictures and technical details as soon as the brackets are ready.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Pierre

Any update on how the prototype went and any idea on a production date as yet?

Cheers Richard

Believe me I am as antsy as you are if not more, but I can't rush the machinist. But I am gently nudging him along. (Good machinists are hard to find and usually busy. One of his conditions to do this project is not to commit to deadlines, or not to be rushed. But he also promised that they will be done within a reasonable time, which to him meant weeks and not months.)

We made the die and compensated for the natural propensity for metal to spring back. It was close but not quite. The die is being adjusted accordingly. I should have another prototype shortly. It should be correct this time around.

I will post on this thread and on the for sale boards when I have inventory for sale.

I appreciate your patience.

Pierre

O==00==O

• 2 months later...
Guest Anonymous
Hi Pierre

Cheers Richard

Believe me I am as antsy as you are if not more, but I can't rush the machinist. But I am gently nudging him along. (Good machinists are hard to find and usually busy. One of his conditions to do this project is not to commit to deadlines, or not to be rushed. But he also promised that they will be done within a reasonable time, which to him meant weeks and not months.)

We made the die and compensated for the natural propensity for metal to spring back. It was close but not quite. The die is being adjusted accordingly. I should have another prototype shortly. It should be correct this time around.

I will post on this thread and on the for sale boards when I have inventory for sale.

any idea when this will be available? thank you.

Hi Pierre

Cheers Richard

any idea when this will be available? thank you.

I am very close. The third prototype has just been completed and will undergo testing. If all goes well, production should start shortly. 2 weeks maybe? I'll post on the board and on this thread when the product is ready to ship. Thank you for your continued patience.

Pierre

O==00==O

• 2 weeks later...

I am very close. The third prototype has just been completed and will undergo testing. If all goes well, production should start shortly. 2 weeks maybe? I'll post on the board and on this thread when the product is ready to ship. Thank you for your continued patience.

Must be getting close Pierre ...?

Best

zambo

Must be getting close Pierre ...?

Best

zambo

THE BRACKETS ARE DONE!!!! Production has started. I just received 10 sets this morning. I want to mount a set to a car and take pictures, and post them to my website.

The brackets are $40 a set plus shipping. US shipping is $6.00. International shipping costs vary. Shipping to Australia is $12.00.

Pierre

O==00==O

Excellent work Pierre - I will take a set whilst the Australian dollar is above the USD - LOL!

Have you had a chance to see whether the vibration issue some mention on the original alloy version is absent with the steel ones?

I will look to your website for the pics and relevant payment info, etc.

regards

Richard (zambo)

Excellent work Pierre - I will take a set whilst the Australian dollar is above the USD - LOL!

Have you had a chance to see whether the vibration issue some mention on the original alloy version is absent with the steel ones?

I will look to your website for the pics and relevant payment info, etc.

regards

Richard (zambo)

Hi Richard,

Did you get away relatively unscathed from the floods? I seem to recall you were on a hill...

I did shoot you off a msg but it may have been caught up as i think a few people were doing the same thing!

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Hi Richard,

Did you get away relatively unscathed from the floods? I seem to recall you were on a hill...

I did shoot you off a msg but it may have been caught up as i think a few people were doing the same thing!

Tom

Hi Tom

No all good here thanks - others not so good unfortunately. Now it is lashing your State's regional areas and it looks like we will get flash flooding again and potential hail over the next couple of days. The great fear is that if we have a cyclone (or three - and this is the cyclone season in the tropical north where I am), the floods you saw on the news channels last week, could seem light! I know, a shocking prospect - but we wait and get ready to take Mother Nature on again if necessary.

Thanks for the asking Tom - BTW, how are your cars going?

Best

Richard

Can the bracket be made to bring the auxiliary lights closer to the headlights?

The brackets bolt up to the vertical hood supports. That's how the factory made them.

The ones you see mounted further out usually mount on the bumper which will need to be drilled. There are some brackets that clamp to the bumper too.

I guess anything is possible but that would be a completely different design that will need its own set of drawings and die fabrication.

I guess I can consider it if there was enough of a demand.

Thank you for your input.

Pierre

O==00==O