14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

air cleaner with oil hose connection

sonoma

I currently have a RamFlo air cleaner but the base plate does not have a connection for the oil breather line from the valve cover, my current oil catch can does not work and I am looking to re-route the line to the carb, so what manufacture provides this for a Weber carb?

thx

Dave

I would think that addressing the catch can issue would be a better first step. There really isn't much, if anything that can go wrong with a can. How is yours routed? Is it vented? How about some pictures? Another issue might be a poor seal on your oil filler cap. This can lead to leakage onto the valve cover. Tell us more.

drilling a hose in the underside metal plate of the Ram-flo type air cleaner housing, and then using a copper plumbing fixture--I think it's an adapter that's used on the end of a rigid copper plumbing pipe--to fasten it to a threaded fitting. It has threads on one end and a plain nipple on the other. Get one that fits the hose on the nipple end and a nut that fits the threads on the other; fasten the threaded end through the hole you just drilled. A length of hose and you're in business.

mike

I love the copper fitting idea.........that is perfect - thanks

the current 'catch can' is a metal tub with a foam sponge in it, one end has the hose from the valve cover and the opposite has a drain hose, but the drain hose exits right where the heater hose is routed and the PO just jammed it between the hose and the firewall, so over time it compressed the drain hose, it is a tight area and I want the whole mess gone

thanks guys