14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Re-drilling rims to 4x100

uxoman

What are the pros and cons of doing this? Is anyone running re-drilled wheels, any regrets/problems?

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of BBS RS wheels. The fronts are factory 4x100 but the rears have been professionally re-drilled from 4x108 to 4x100 (both bolt patterns will be present. The wheels will be professionally reconditioned. I can have the 4x108 holes welded closed for an addition charge but the builder says there is no reason other than cosmetic. And of course, the center caps will cover that.

These are big bucks and I want to make sure I don’t regret purchasing them.

Thanks for any input!

Phil,

Other than your relieving the rim mfr from any liability, others here have done it.

I wouldn't want to have a passenger and have a wheel problem. Lawyers are a'plenty. Your insurance co probably wouldn't like it either. Ask them if you are stlll covered. But you will hear a lot of yea that's ok.

yeah, the 'big bucks' part would bug me. If they were a screamin' deal, however.... then I'd ask more questions.

Because some wheels can be redrilled with no danger whatsoever, and

others can kill you dead. It entirely depends on the design and

metallurgy of the hub area...

t

I have four 4 x 100 BBS RS001's I might part with. Two of the inner shells disappeared from my parts stash, so they are not complete.

The centers are powdercoated and the caps covering the lug nuts are new, as are the bolts holding the three pieces together. Heck, I even have the lug nuts and wheel locks, which I got from CJ, and the Harley Davidson valve stems, which are the ones that fit BBS outer shells.

BBSRSPARTS001.jpg

BBSRSPARTS006.jpg

BBSRSPARTS011.jpg

BBSRSPARTS017.jpg

BBSRSPARTS016.jpg

BBSRSPARTS018.jpg

BBSRSPARTS015.jpg