14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Electric Fan Install!

jrhone

So I used Lee's brackets, picked up a Spal 12" Hi Performance fan with curved blades, had The Fan Man make a temp sensor pipe so I wouldnt have to put a sensor in my radiator and started wiring! Took me about 6 hours total...no pics, it was getting dark and I was trying to get it done! It kept blowing fuses, they were 20 am...I guess the more powerful fan was drawing more current...rechecked all wires, threw in a 30 amp and it worked like a charm! Put in a indicator light in the center console and a manual bypass switch. Still have to mount the switch, but all is working perfectly! feels like I gained 20 HP! Just kidding...no power increase, but the engine is quieter even with the fan on...It comes on too late for my personal tastes...but if I went with a cooler temp switch it would bee on all the time....so I will live with it for now, but maybe a programmable fan controller is in my near future! Its a nic upgrade. Lee's brackets were absolutely PERFECT. Nice work. Made the job pretty easy. The wiring diagram on the FAQ is what I used to wire. Pics to come!