14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

gti seats help asap

bukaki_bob

If the seats are electric, the 3-point VW seat platform unbolts and I believe the seat bottom has a standard Recaro bolt pattern. I have 2 sets of these seats and it looks like a simple plate bracket will allow them to be bolted to the stock 2002 sliders. Thats what I plan to do to fit them in my car.

If the seats are electric, the 3-point VW seat platform unbolts and I believe the seat bottom has a standard Recaro bolt pattern. I have 2 sets of these seats and it looks like a simple plate bracket will allow them to be bolted to the stock 2002 sliders. Thats what I plan to do to fit them in my car.

The easiest way to do this is locate a set of the 320iS Recaro mounts. The top half attaches to the Recaros (standard bolt pattern, which the VW Recaros have) and is the simple plate bracket you mention. The bottom half is late E21-specific. Unbolt the bottoms, bolt on 2002 sliders, and you're good to go. You may have to fiddle with the E21 seatbelt mounts for clearance, but that's about it.