Up Date to "Motor Mounts"

DUDONLY

Well my fellow 02ers I have the answer to why my motor is rocking erratically at idle, I finally found the problem after adjusting the valves changing the plugs and new plug wires dist.cap and rotor. It's the BOOSTER that is leaning out plug 4. When I unplug the vacuum line from the booster and use my finger to plug the line the car runs great when plugged back into the booster the erratic idle comes back. All I need now is a good working booster hopefully someone locally has one.

HTH,

Thanks, Dudley

I had a leaking booster, and I discovered it was the rubber o-ring between the Brake Master Cylinder and the booster. I used some silicone grease on the O-ring and bolted up the Master Cylinder and it held vacuum again. Try removing the master cylinder and seeing if that is the problem.

By the way, Silicone grease is also known as vacuum grease and is one of my main go to items for anything rubber that needs to stay pliable and connected and sealed. Fantastic stuff!

Sorry - no spare booster here. What about the o-ring suggestion ^ and has your booster check valve ever been replaced? Does the line still look good?

Are your brakes functioning OK? Engine off - pump the brake pedal a few times. On the last stroke, hold the pedal down then start the engine. If the pedal goes down, then something is wrong with the brakes/booster. If it holds pressure, then the booster may be OK.

pics732010004.jpg

Very interesting...

Our 76 has an inexplicable miss fire in the 4th as well! I've been chasing it for weeks! I also pulled the plug wire and nothing changes..

Well, I noted the other day while working on it that the brake booster vacuum line looks a bit collapsed.. could these be related? I am going to disconnect the booster and see if the miss fire goes away!!!!!

Holy L! Could it be the booster line causing problems? What does it mean if it is??!

Now I'm nervous.