Help Identify Seats

BWAutosport

Hello,

Thought I would ask the board if anyone can identify these seats. Black cloth weave, tilt forward, and I believe adjustable headrests. There are not identifying tags or part numbers from a brief observation.

The only identifying mark are what appear to be "Racemark" R buttons in the center of each. I've seen Racemark wheels before, but not seats. Possible these are Recaros with a button stuck in them?

Cloth is in good shape, aside from the driver's side left bolster. The webbing underneath looks to be stock, unmolested and in very good shape.

They do not match the cloth of the rear seat cushion or back, the rear is a much wider black weave, and has the OEM paper labels still stuck in the "grass" padding in them.

Thanks in advance for the help!! At least one of these seats will shortly be up for sale, as I no longer need them.

Cheers,

Ian

http://imgur.com/uRWAB

http://imgur.com/v6GBr

"Racemark" is indeed the product name. Though not nearly as popular or as pricey as Scheel or Recaro, they were decent.

I purchased a set from my friend Bruce back in the mid 1980s that were originally issued in the late 1970s with some kind of funky artificial sheepskin covers. The frame needed some re-welding and there were no adapters available. I recovered them in a similar material (bad idea) and put them in my newly-restored Malaga '71.

"Ya hadda been there!"

D

post-3906-13667631037457_thumb.jpg