1975 Bmw 2002 Project

joes2002fl

I bought my 1st 02 on 9-3-10 and i am off and running! Got it for a GREAT price because the previous owner hit a BIG pot hole the day before i test drove it and somehow forced the fan into the radiator which rendered it undriveable. Good deal for me since my sister and bro-in-law are 2002 FINATICS and had a good used radiator layin around in there garage for me! I thoroughly cleaned the car from top to bottom, inside and out all last week along w 2 coats of WAX! We put the radiator in last Thrusday and thats all it took to get it back on the road! I did also take off the beauty rings, sand down the wheels and repaint them Satin Black, i must say they turned out pretty AWESOME:-) Tires were dry rotted and had uneven wear so i purchased 4 New KUMHO Solus KR21 and had them put on. The interior already has a new carpet kit installed, the dash n counsole are in great shape, the seats do need to be replaced but currently have seat covers on them. The engine runs great, has a new exhaust and bilstein shocks! This is an AC car and also has a Sunroof. Its does have some minor rust on the body and underneath in which i have to decide how far i want to go with my first project, repair and paint? im not sure yet. I would really like drive this one for a couple months and look for a early model shell or and early model that has a blown engine in which i could take all the good parts out of this one and put it in a Better Shell. Let me know if you have 1 or any other ideas for me. Thanks for lookin!

post-17632-13667630939971_thumb.jpg

post-17632-136676309408_thumb.jpg

post-17632-13667630941712_thumb.jpg

post-17632-13667630942469_thumb.jpg

Hey, I'm the bro in law he was talking about. We checked all the mounts and they are solid. The nose was bent under a little so we "tweeked" it back out so the rad would fit the way is was ment to. I thought the same thing you did when we went to look at the car. The car drives great now.....

Yes, i found it on CL, the guy lived in Longwood. He didnt do much to it. He barely drove it. So i have done a couple things to it as u can see and going to do a couple more and then debating whether or not to do a total restore or sell it and buy a Roundie! This is a good start for me though to get more familiar w the 02's.

If you are thinking of restoring it or buying a roundie, check my blog out

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,343731/ Square tail light 02's with small bumpers look so much better than diving board bumpers.

There are much better pics here of the look I'm talking about.

http://www.my2002tii.com

G-Man