14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

Stuttgart, AR: ultimate hunting destination?

jgerock

I just returned from yet another unglamourous business trip. This time, I visited a good customer who has (2) plastics manufacturing plants in Little Rock and Stuttgart, AR. Stuttgart is located about 1.5 hours southeast of Little Rock. The Stuttgart plant makes 5 gallon HDPE plastic containers for holding cooking oil (largest customer is ConAgra) and jugs for kitty litter. The Little Rock plant only makes PET plastic jars for holding Skippy Peanut butter.

I was told Stuttgart is famous for (2) things: Duck hunting capital of the world and rice fields (this was confirmed by my neighbor who is from Rogers). That place even smells like rice! The rice fields are marshy which attract huge quantities of ducks.

Automotive content: The plant I visited in Stuttgart is adjacent to a school and a muffler shop where these beauties may be good enough for "Ran When Parked" status:

pics9102010018.jpg

You can barely make out a row of parked cars over the dash - one is my Chevy Malibu rental.

pics9102010020.jpg

Two '78 or '79 Ford Pickups - the blue one was a Camper Special

pics9102010019.jpg

Sadly, I didn't see any Bimmers, nor was there enough time to divert to Conway to visit Skip.