14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

SOLD 1968 BMW 2002 72' 2.0 SoCal

I live in the Los Angeles area. I bought this car about a month ago from a friend as a project car. I thought I would have time to work on it but I have to leave the country for some business once again. The car is a 1968 2002 with a 1972 2.0 liter engine in it.

It has a roll cage, vintage race seats and a five piece seat-belt for the driver and three piece seat-belt for the passenger. The previous owners intention seemed to be in the autocross direction. The interior is completely stripped to the metal. The battery is in the trunk. The spare tire holder has been cut out.

The engine is fine, has good compression and pulls throughout. The carb could definitely use an adjustment. To make the car drivable you would have to replace the radiator as it is cracked. After that is settled it will run fine.

The front brakes have the Volvo rotor upgrade. And steel brake line throughout.

Probably the most important factor would be the tranny. It works, but second gear is pretty far gone. Perfect candidate for a five-speed swap.

The body is straight, but does have typical 2002 rust. There is some in the hood, frame rail and here and there. The strut mounts are fine.

I'm asking 900 FIRM. The car would have to be towed.

post-18687-13667630746292_thumb.jpg

post-18687-13667630747474_thumb.jpg

post-18687-13667630748793_thumb.jpg

post-18687-13667630749958_thumb.jpg