73 Euro spec E12 520 FS in GA

Not mine, no affiliation, etc...

http://savannah.craigslist.org/cto/1940824673.html Early Euro spec E12 520 had a 4cyl M10 motor, same as a 2002. If it was a 520i, it would have a Kugelfisher mechanical fuel injection, same as a 2002tii or NK 2000tii. Early Euro E12's are a far cry from US spec E12's. Early Euro E12's are bare bones, probably has a clock where the tach goes, cloth seats, manual windows, no AC, no PS and if it were ordered, maybe a sunroof. E12 520 6 cyl models didn't start until 77 and that was the first year that the M20 2.0L 6 cyl motor was introduced and the first M20's came with carbs. Someone needs to check this one out and report back.

E12's (530i) weren't introduced to the U.S. market until the 75 model year.

G-Man

Almost bought one when I was a kid, but was too in love with the 2000 models.

This is going way back, but I remember opening the hood which reminded me of an Saab 99 & 900 copy and seeing the ground clearly underneath the motor compartment! LOL

Yeah the motor just looked so small in that big ass compartment!!!!!!!!!

Think she had either S.U. or Stromberg cards (dual), nice car but I figured it had to be a slug.

An interesting car in that you had the trusty M10 combined with an (at the time) very modern and safe platform.

The combo just didn't work for me, but that's just me, the 2000 ruled my young mind.