14th Annual SoCal Vintage BMW Meet 2021! “All couped up”

Registration is still open. Rally from NorCal is scheduled for Friday. Post your event photos.

SoCal Vintage is Here! 

Post your photos!

02 books?

LeeJohn

Working on one of my own now, not sure on the title yet, something like this ... BMW ALPINA 2002 Grp. 2 Uncovered", not sure, playing with a few different titles. Book idea is to essentially go through what Grp. 2 (group 2) was as far as a racing "group" , rules, and homologation parts for the BMW 2002. The main focus would be to provide images that illustrate/show how much work and how many changes were made to these cars - I don't think most folks have any idea of how modified the chassis were of these cars along with all of the other special fabricated parts and in the case of my car at the time probably the most technically advanced/modified 2002 ever (at that period of time). While the 02 in general is pretty niche as far as market goes, anyone who is a BMW fan, Race Car fan, ALPINA fan...etc., I think might find it interesting. Currently have some queries into ALPINA, also going to contact Jeremy Walton (author of "Unbeatable BMW" and a number of others). If its done (which I think it will), it needs to be done right - lots of time input to accomplish that. It is the "cult car" and I am not aware of anything like it - not surprising given their are so few true survivors - mine may be one of the few actually in a "garage" rather than a "museum".

http://historicracingbmw.blogspot.com/

YES U SHOULD!!!

Ive been following your stuff for a while now.. I love all that stuff. I would really like to know the lifestyles of these guys racing euro cars in the 60's and 70's.. Must have Been Fantastic..! Cars were much raw and simple. No computers,etc... The average man could pull an engine in those days..

anyway ill buy a copy of your book in a sec! Like the title