Scheel and Konig seat ads (carburetor ad too!)

jgerock

I picked up some old(er) VW magazines at the Bug Out

Here are (3) scans from the February and April 1983 issues of VW&Porsche Magazine

Note the starting price!

Konigseatad.jpg

This Scheel ad is very small so it doesn't look great after cropping the remaining page out. I'll try to scan the "thin" pages again using our copier's anti-bleed feature.

Scheelad.jpg

Beck was a long-time advertiser in many of the VW magazines. They sold lots of carburetor kits and might be the same company that sold the Beck 550 Spyder kit car.

I wonder if anyone here still has a Brosol carb on their car.

BeckCarburetorad.jpg

More to follow as time permits.

Surprised no one has started remanufacturing the scheels - a pair just went on German ebay for over 900 euros, and I'm not convinced they were even a matching pair.

Esp. with the Porsche market willing to pay big money.

Nick (feeling smug he bagged a pair of cool scheels this year in Holland)

The NML Depot seat pricing isn't too bad and they are replicas, IIRC. Jrkoupe can confirm this as he has one in his car.

They are around 550 euro ($700 US) which is similar to what Steffan is charging at Classic Car Seats. Shipping on two seats is around 75 euros.

Thanks for the info Mike. I've got a nice set of real Scheels in my tii. I've been told that the head rests on my set might not be the correct ones. I've been thinking about contacting NML Depot to see if their headrests would fit my seats. Time to send Gerrit Blankman an e-mail I guess...

--John