• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post pictures of your seats!

Meintii

These aren't bad at all. I have black ones. They are much more low slung than the stock seats. I dig it.

I agree. They are quite comfortable and sit at a good height. They are slightly wider than stock, but once you get used to that it's not a big deal.

I am pretty broad shouldered so Recaros tend to be a bit narrow for me, but these are fine. A bit more lateral support than stock, but not intrusive at all.

As for these specific seats, I might get them repadded because I bottom out just slightly. I might as well get them recovered too. The covers are in good shape, but if things can be done, they can be overdone. :)

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Hey Zac,

Hope all's well. Here's mine.

Fronts are from Porsche 911, rear was redone in perforated centers to match the fronts.

I just love 'em - they hold incredibly well, and the headrests are actually usable while driving.

Tom

My02-CustomSeats.jpg

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

tell you what jhc

your ignorance is on display for all to see

"delete the recaro logo" - this is how the front and rear seats come from recaro in 1974 - if you want to keep the parts original that is

as for the speakers, not my choice. i have the original center console/single speaker that came with the car. i deceided to do my own center console that includes such creature comforts as cup holders and an new pioneer/ipod receiver, rocker swithches for the front/rear fog lights and an aux power outlet. the PO had mounted the speakers where you so astutely saw them and, not wanting to cut the rear parcel shelf, i installed them where you see them. this was the least worst location i could think of in the short time i had before driving to the V@V.

plus, WTF is wrong with you dude? your parents beat you?

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

tell you what jhc

dude dont let him get to you... He just wishes he had seats in his car (I stole them last night)

Your seats ROCK. And who cares were your speakers are? ITS YOUR CAR!

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hey Zac,

Hope all's well. Here's mine.

Fronts are from Porsche 911, rear was redone in perforated centers to match the fronts.

I just love 'em - they hold incredibly well, and the headrests are actually usable while driving.

Tom

My02-CustomSeats.jpg

What year 911 are these seats from? Where were you able to find them? They look great.

PREVIOUS:

1979 Jeep Cherokee

1980 VW Scirocco

1983 Porsche 944

1986 BMW 325i

1999 VW GTI VR6

2000 BMW 323

2000 Porsche Boxster

2001 BMW X5

2003 Porsche 911

2003 Mini Cooper S

2005 BMW Z4

1974 BMW 2002

Current:

1995 BMW M3

2003 Infiniti FX35

Hey sleeper,

My 911 seats are from a friend's wrecked '87. But almost all the earlier or later ones, as well as 944 seats, are similar. You need to simply install an offset spacer plate on the inner side of the center hump to fit 'em. I think I've posted details of my spacer installation previously.

HTH and thanks,

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com