I've finally started making some progress. I've managed to rebuild the front struts with new tubes. The ones that came with the car were mangled. As in one strut insert crammed into an older one. Any way, new bearings 320i vented rotors and 320i calipers. I also threw a fresh lick of paint on everything.
A fun discovery, one strut doesn't match the others. Other fun discovery the car had 3 lowering springs and one normal. I was under the assumption it was the mangled strut sticking that was causing the wonky ride height.
I have added a little bit of plate to the front frame rail to match the overall thickness of the 2x4 sub-frame connectors. I also added in to 1.50" tubes to tie the front sub-frame mounts to the firewall.
Finally after much scrubbing the engine bay was cleaned primed and painted. The goal as of now is to get on the road. A true nice paint job will happen in a few years after I've actually driven and sorted the car. As of now the engine bay is getting Massey Ferguson implement paint and the rest of the car will be getting matte black implement paint. I painted one of the quarters as a test. I think it turned out pretty good for a quick and dirty get me driving paint job.