Well today I woke up to a layer of frost / ice on the windshield and the deck, it made walking outside an adventure!!
Despite the cold weather I was bound and determined to make some progress on the car between the wife's honey do list and the kids wanting to play, so i pulled the pressure washer out of the shed and set my sights on the rear subframe sitting in the driveway.
Despite a few hiccups with the pressure washer the whole thing cleaned up pretty well. Once again everything seems to be in good shape, the half shafts and CV joints areas look decent and although I didnt find an S on the side of the rear diff it looks not too bad for a 42 year old car.
Will begin tearing this down and getting it ready for rebuild and either modified for an LSD - either modifying it to fit an E30 unit or an E21 version.
Thanks for reading and hopefully will have some pictures of the E30 head removal next.....