I decided that I wanted to do a real wood console. I bought a big block of amboya wood and got to work on it with the router.
I used the follower on the original decorative cover for the instrument panel to make a template. This took awhile. It needed to be really accurate so everything would be properly centered and I needed to adjust the tabs to make sure the decorative spacers to close the gauge gap worked properly.
PS. If you want one, let me know and I can make you a copy of it.
The back (notice the routered out back to create the same face depth and gauge flanges)
Installed in on the cluster
Here is the base of the centre console
Here is the base of the centre console with the mock up for the gauge cluster. The gauge cluster in amboyna will be done when it warms up outside a bit.