Jump to content

A frustrating mistake


Shawn Piper

1,151 views

So I found a good deal on a TI air cleaner, which inspired me to go dual DCOE with my engine build.  My goal is to attach it to the shock tower with a custom Alpina-style bracket.  
 

File_000 (4).jpeg

But in my excitement I didn't test fit anything and took the air cleaner directly to the body shop to have it repainted... 

 

201029 Parts (1).jpg

 

201029 Parts (2).jpg

 

Of course it came back looking beautiful, but when I attached the clips, they didn't line up correctly.  So the air cleaner now has to be modified and repainted so that the clips line up right.  I'm guessing that one end is from a different type of air cleaner.  

 

File_000 (5).jpeg

This whole car has been a long waiting game so its challenging to not get ahead of myself sometimes.  

  • Thanks 1

0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.