Jump to content

Getting into electrical


Shawn Piper

448 views

When I received the harness from the body shop, it was clear that most of the electrical components themselves were heavily degraded/broken. I had anticipated that most of the electrical components would need replacing so I began buying NOS pieces on eBay when I embarked on the restoration. Here is my collection of new and refurbished parts:

 

File_000 (1).jpeg

 

The harness itself came to me in a giant tangled ball because the tape had mostly fallen off.  Any of the harness that had been exposed in the trunk and engine compartment was badly over sprayed. My initial intention was to save the harness so I spent about 6hrs carefully cleaning it with acetone and using zip ties to re-bundle the wires. Here's it how it looked afterwards:

File_002 (1).jpeg

I also found these wiring diagrams online, which I used to orient myself with the harness and label the ends and reattach components.

File_003 (1).jpeg

File_004 (1).jpeg

 

Unfortunately, the harness was extremely brittle due to age. After all that work, I decided I would remake it instead of doing a bunch of splices to fix the broken segments. So that's coming next!

 

Edited by Shawn Piper

  • Like 1

0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.