I glanced at my blogs and realized that the last update on this car was a year ago, almost to the day.
Progress has been made. I spend a few hrs on it two nights a week most weeks.
The huge win for this car was replacing the non-existent left frame rail. I bought a one from W+N. This was a project that I “saved”. Fear of the unknown kept me from diving into it sooner.
After repeatedly pulling measurements and studying the frame measurement sheet in Blue Book for what seemed like hours I came to the realization that the front to back measurements aren’t from point to point. They are from plane to plane. Once ai figured that out and made the appropriate measuring jigs I was able to make the new rail match the existing rail within a mm in all dimensions.
These fixed length adjustable measuring sticks really saved my bacon.
The new rail fit well with minor trimming.
The firewall required extensive repairs including rebuild the entire surround of the heater box and replacing the raintray.
Both wing sheets were replaced. New flanges were welded the fronts of the inner fenders before I cleaned it all up, scuffed it down, painted it with POR 15, then Epoxy Primer, then 3 coats of Chamonix white Enamel.
I haven’t photographed it yet, but I’ve glued a new firewall pad to the engine bay. I’ll be cleaning/rewrapping/placing the wiring harness before I install the pedal box, booster/brackets, hard lines, etc. Hoping to have the detailed subframe/engine/trans/suspension in in the following weeks.