Jump to content

Foiled plans breed opportunity


Djthom

374 views

With everything set to do put the head back on, I began assembly only to discover in process that the bottom left bolt in the front cover had been broken off in the block.   With no way to address that in the car, the rest of the engine had to come out.   

 

And this is where the opportunity presented itself to drag my future plans into the present since I'm not driving anywhere these days anyway.   

 

Rather than just drilling out the broken bolt, I decided to switch horses and rebuild the numbers matching engine block.  My original plan had been to build up the short block some winter and swap it in.  More on that in another post.  

 

The engine bay was also a bit shabby particularly around the battery tray.   I took the opportunity to decrease everything and repaint the affected areas with POR15 after using Eastwood rust converter.   

 

IMG_20200314_1947439.jpg

IMG_20200314_1546373.jpg

IMG_20200325_0817162.jpg

IMG_20200325_0816387.jpg

IMG_20200325_1245283.jpg

IMG_20200330_1100146.jpg

IMG_20200401_1426118.jpg

IMG_20200401_1107346.jpg

0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.