Finally finished installing the Dynamat to the floors last night. This took me way longer than I thought it would. And it didn't speed up things when I needed to take a break every 20 minutes to stretch out my aching back.
With the fronts repainted, I got after removing the old factory sound deadening. I was going to try the dry ice trick, but someone suggested trying an oscillating multi-tool with a scraping blade instead.
This seemed to take longer that it should have. In hindsight, I should have softened up the material with a heat gun.
Speaking of which, I ended up doing the other side the old fashioned way with a heat gun and scraper, and while it was a little messier, it was way quieter and went faster as well.
Now with both sides done, I painted the rear floors with the same paint as the fronts.
We let that dry over night. While I was removing the old stuff, some of the factory putty used to seal the drain hole covers came off. As a precaution, once the paint was dry, we added some seam sealer to those areas. Once the sealer was dry, I was able to install the Dynamat.
And there you have it.
I still need to come back and install some Dynamat to the inside of the doors up against the skins. Patrick tells me that's not going to be fun and to expect dropping some F-bombs trying to fit the roller through the small, sharp edged door holes to reach the far corners.