Jump to content

How she sat

zadaha

344 views

I purchased the car a little over a year ago. I knew going into ownership that I was getting my self into a project. Not quite the scale it has turned into, but i'm still enjoying the process. A pre-purchase inspection showed lots of rust on the underside, mostly focused in the rear.  In particular the subframe mounts, wheel wheels, spare tire holder, rear control arms, and shock towers were all swiss cheese. Basically the usual suspects... The PO had some less than stellar work done on the front to stabilize the floor and frame rails, so I looked at this car a good opportunity to learn with. The body was not in terrible shape, the worst areas were, and still are, the fenders, hood, and lower rear window frame.

 

My game plan was to tackle the rear portion of the car with the goal of making it water tight. The farther I got in exploring the rust the more I realized this car was in need of serious surgery. I made decision to cut out and replace the rear subframe mounts in order to give the car another chance at life and a solid foundation to build the project on. Once this decision was made it lead to refurbishing and replacing nearly everything in the rear end. Below Are some photos of the car before any work got started. 

IMG_3425.JPG

IMG_3366.JPG

IMG_3408.JPG

IMG_3587.JPG

IMG_3387.JPG

IMG_3391.JPG

IMG_3590.JPG

IMG_3395.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG



0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.