The whole tear down of Betty took the better part of 3 months. This included full cataloging, labeling, boxing and storage of the parts.
While we were doing this many decision points were reached and made.
I'd only ever restored one other car before this. That was Ringo our '67 Beetle. And that was just a partial restoration.
I rebuilt that motor myself and the entire interior. We did not do paint because we wanted to keep that sweet sweet patina.
For Betty though, we were going all in. In for a penny in for a pound for sure.
Then we got her ready for paint.
Had a dustless blaster come to the garage and remove the old paint in our driveway. Great work. But very messy!
The results were great. What was best though is there were not big surprises regarding hidden rust or holes or huge masses of bondo!