Took off the front fenders to see what was underneath the seemingly solid fenders.
After burning off the old lead that smooths out the upper seam, we removed all the fender bolts holding everything on. A bit of wiggling with a screwdriver to break the old body glue and the fenders were free.
We discovered the blinker buckets were largely gone - and "remade" during a previous restoration of the car - a scotchbrite pad was shoved into the space for body filler to grip to as the bucket was "fixed".
The outer edge of the headlight areas were also rotted out and after drilling the spot welds off removed and we made some new ones to put in their place.