Jump to content

Necessary Repairs

Sign in to follow this  
Djthom

368 views

The car was fairly solid in the key areas.  One significant issue was there had been a mouse nest under the backseat which resulted in a hole in the floor behind the driver seat.   There was also some rot in the trunk as a result around the fuel tank support.  A new floor panel came with the car, so I had that installed and new metal put into the trunk in the required areas.    I stripped the interior and trunk, disinfected and cleaned everything, addressed any surface rust with Eastwood converter, and then covered everything with POR 15. 

 

Mechanically the car was pretty good.  I replaced the ebrake cables and the rear brake cylinders.   The rad wasn't in great condition, so i also replaced that also.  The shifter was  sloppy, so I replaced the pins and bushings to tighten everything up.

20180707_083451.jpg

20180707_083548.jpg

20180707_174911.jpg

20180707_174935.jpg

20180707_174920.jpg

20180707_144836.jpg

Sign in to follow this  


0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.