Been suuuuuper busy lately. Family, work, school, expensive hobbies - you know how that goes.
I did finally get around to making a proper dolly for the shell, it's way better than those furniture movers I was using prior. Still, 4 rubber wheels that all swivel make this thing hard to turn and steer. If I was to do it again I would use a metal caster.
Not much has happened to the shell, I'm still dreading the daunting task of welding and grinding. I'll just save the worst for last. I did install the hood pins though. Also I'm in the process of chemically stripping the paint off the hood so it can get sent off to have louvers put in.
The biggest and best thing to happen yet on this build is that the motor is finally finished! Well except for the fact that it's missing a set of RD headers, if anyone has a lead HMU. Looks super awesome, I almost want to put it behind glass. No expenses were spared for this motor. A lot of cool and one-off or things you will never see again in your life got put into this.
- First off I made heim-jointed alternator belt adjuster a la @AceAndrew came out perfect and works like a charm. In conjunction with that I had to make a custom bolt to mount it to the block.
- All ARP everything
- Knife edged the crank
- Billet Alum 7075 IE rocker arms (don't ask there are none for sale)
- A whole bunch of other expensive racing crap I don't have time to mention, (check my spec sheet in a previous blog post)
Enjoy the pics!
Now I think that the only thing left that I have to do is give this thing more blood, sweat, and tears before it's ready for paint. All my parts are already built. More updates to come!