Been a while, figured it was time for a little update.
I have been chipping away at her for the past few months. I ended up redoing the mounts on the rear subframe because I wasn't happy with the wheel placement (this is the first step backwards). I just need to test fit it the next time I work on her. The cylinder head for the engine is with Bimmerheads in CA, so no new news on the engine. But I did start getting to some of the body issues... I noticed in the front foot-well corners there seemed to be some rubberized coating/built up material around it. I started sandblasting it and it ended up being rubberized coating over fiberglass patchwork... (this is the second step backwards). So I went ahead and busted the patches out and this is what I found
I went to work cutting out all the spot welds and ended up with this... (this was the one step forward)
Went further back on the outer rocker because the PO put a terrible patch on it and didn't match the contour of the rockers.
Lastly, I got some goodies in the mail!!!
Reason why I haven't made much progress (other than only working on it for select weekends) is I bought a truck! So it has been sucking some of my time to just get it road worthy.
Clearly, I am a gluten for punishment...
That is all for now