The original ‘68 panel keeps getting smaller and smaller.
The panel destined to be installed on the ‘68 got a new “dust pan” made out of a piece of the ‘68 panel. I’ll smooth out all of the welds/check for gaps and carry on with the repairs. I left the metal outside of the bead long so that I could fold it over to address some corrosion in the well. The fender lip/body line should be challenging to recreate, but I’m looking forward to it.
The panel for the ‘73 is coming along also. I cut off most of the perforated metal, welded in 2 pieces from the ‘68 panel and I’ve started to fit the trail end from the ‘73 panel as well.
Believe it or not there is a method to my madness. Side note: there’s another cart saved on WN just waiting for me to earn a bit more money to justify clicking the complete order button.