Long time no update, several other projects to finish so e10 is put on hold but meanwhile I am sourcing and hoarding parts.
Hope next year work on body will start.
Each time I order some parts for current projects from Wallothnesch,bmw-oldtimerteile and local BMW dealer I add some e10 parts from my list.
MVP spare tire trunk floor
Got mechanism for popout back from chrome shop. Part we made works out perfectly.
Rocker trim was weld
Long time no update
Got both bumpers back from the shop. Front bumper came out nicely.
Side parts on the rear bumper were rusted as hell only chrome was holding them together so after removing chrome there were several holes. Also I noticed the center piece bumper had several dents which were not seen before chroming. I had the centerpiece dechromed again to sort out dents before another chrome job.
The wait for body shops begins and now it the right time to start working on trim that was removed from the car.
Will try to save and restore majority of parts.
Waistline belt trim was bent on several places so we straighten it out before it goes to galavanize shop.
Mask is also in bad shape but can be repaired nicely (we will see that). We took it apart and straighten what was bent. One slot fell off and few others are barely hanging.
We removed remaining trim and windshields and simple shell dolly was welded to move shell down from lift.
New rust spot/hole was found hiding under passenger side pop out window.
I found color label in which car was repainted back in the days
Subframes and its parts were painted.
Rear axles were restored.
Subframes were sandblasted and dipped in anticorrosive coating so that all hollow parts will be protected. Next stage is powder coating for final finish.
Engine is out and I started taking exterior apart.
New floor panels and rear axle supports arrived from W&N
We removed thick layer of bitumen from inner wheel walls. Found previous repairs were and some rust as well.
Also holes were hiding on both rear axle supports.
Grind of bitumen continues so good 20kg of bitumen was removed.
Today I applied dry ice on the floor to check out if bitumen removes easier when frozen. I took 30 kg of dry ice and put in several bags for easier placement and ability to move it.
Left it on floor for 1 hour and the floor panels and then try how it peels away. Floor actually freeze from bottom.
I was able to remove big chunks at once so I would definitely suggest to anyone who will be removing bitumen from floor. On my e9 I used ho
Hi guys and girls,
I was advised to open a blog about restoration process of my recently required BMW 2002 so here I am. I am new to writing blog so I am sorry if it will be boring and full of grammar mistakes.
Anyway to introduce myself I come from Slovenia (Europe) and always have a passion about older BMWs… I bought my first BMW when I turned 18 years old – E36 325i cabrio. This was the car to introduce me in the world of car enthusiast. Through this passion I meet sev