Ive been dreading doing the tension bushings because it looked like a serious task but it had to be done. I could move it with my hands and it was so very noticeable on the road. What was in it was some sort of poly bushings and they did not fit at all. Im not even sure they ever did when some PO installed them. It was very loose. New parts to install though (both sides of course)...
Anyways, what I had to deal with.
The passenger side came out with breeze with air tools but the drivers side gave me hell! PB just laughed at the sleeve from the bushings.
I had to cut a notch in it and use heat. Stubborn!!!
But eventually I beat it off. These were the old that were removed.
I fashioned this bolt to put the bushing on. I thought this was going to be a PITA to get on but they were pretty simple with a little grease and force.
Next was taking the rest apart. This was what I had to deal with. Safety wire is there but this doesn't like right. 8( The stabilizer bar bushings needs to be tightened when putting back together.
What I found. At least it isn't rusty. These came off easy with air.
Old and new.
Next was safety wire. Im sure I can do better than a PO so I bought a lifetime supply of 0.032" wire. No my intension to buy so much but its all I can get my hands on.
Stories of those special screws coming loose kinda scared me so I put some red lock tight on. I don't plan on removing them again so I went with it.
All laced up, I hope this good to go.
Crap for picture but all tightened up.
While I had the car in the air, I decided to loose some altitude so I cut a 1 1/3 of the coil off the front. All I wanted to do was level the front and back. I got a bit more but It looks right to me.
I was told that the doors will not close correctly unless these little tabs are in. Well, they didn't work so I guess me door seals are too far gone. Maybe another day.