Front - p/n 51317440154
Rear - p/n 51311817764
2 X Lockstrips - p/n 51311803265
2 X Lockstrip Cup p/n 51317440106
Clear Silicone Caulk
Spray Bottle of Soapy Water
25 ft. of 3/16” Cotton Rope
Small Flathead Screwdriver
Lockstrip Tool (I used
this one from Aegis Tools.) Apparently, AEGIS Tools no longer sells the roller lockstrip tool. You can get it here now: https://www.hitechglazing.com/product/2781009/40273
*The installation steps are identical for both windshields.*
1. Lay the windshield down and slip the seal over the edges.
2. Wrap the rope twice around the seal, pushing it into the slot. Tape the ends against the inside of the glass.
3. Spray the seal edges to soak the rope with soapy water.
4. Lift the windshield and seal into the opening, being careful not to allow the seal to come out.
5. With one person applying pressure from the outside, pull the rope from the inside, being careful not to pull any of the headliner with it.
6. Once the rope has been entirely pulled and the seal is in, use the caulking gun to run a small bead of clear caulk inside the inside and outside edges of the seal.
7. Once the caulking is in, use the lockstrip tool to install the lockstrip. This is a bit of a challenge and requires a little skill. Go slow and be careful. If you have a small section (1” or less) that pops out of the seal, use the small flathead screwdriver to pop it back in.
8. Trim the lockstrip after installation to fit with as small a gap as possible.
9. Slip the lockstrip cup over one end of the lockstrip and use the screwdrivers to pop it in, using the soapy water to help with lubrication.
Screw in your visors and handles and pat yourself on the back.