• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seatbelts....what to buy!?

arminyack

So my seatbelts are of the pile of spaghetti variety. I need to update them STAT. After some research, it seems what has been dubbed the "peacock" method is the way to go for an early car like mine...so now...what seatbelt set shall i buy? What the nest option? I was eyeing this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321120402082?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

any recommendations of this set over another?

I sent him a pm a few weeks back; got no reply. 

Not correct, I replied right away. 

Sent 06 April 2015 - 09:26 PM

Hi, 

I am looking for a seat belt solution for my '69 1600...and what I have in there is terrible! I've heard great things about yours with the "peacock" method of mounting for early cars w/o the mount on the B pillar. Are you still making them?

bluedevils

Advanced Member

• LocationUS

Sent 06 April 2015 - 11:13 PM

Yes, I can help. I need about two weeks and $300 of your hard earned cash. Let me know.

best

al

As for aftermarket belts which are 99% Chinese made whether sold in US or elsewhere, I cannot recommend them. My belts are the best, next to BMW belts. Of course, It is a free market you can do whatever **&%$# you want. BTW, seller dtech is an asshole from Texas who scammed many 02 fellows under different names. His belts are shit. Please don't advertise his products here. 

Edited by bluedevils

Not correct, I replied right away. 

Sent 06 April 2015 - 09:26 PM

Hi, 

I am looking for a seat belt solution for my '69 1600...and what I have in there is terrible! I've heard great things about yours with the "peacock" method of mounting for early cars w/o the mount on the B pillar. Are you still making them?

bluedevils

Advanced Member

• LocationUS

Sent 06 April 2015 - 11:13 PM

Yes, I can help. I need about two weeks and $300 of your hard earned cash. Let me know.

best

al

As for aftermarket belts which are 99% Chinese made whether sold in US or elsewhere, I cannot recommend them. My belts are the best, next to BMW belts. Of course, It is a free market you can do whatever **&%$# you want. BTW, seller dtech is an asshole from Texas who scammed many 02 fellows under different names. His belts are shit. Please don't advertise his products here. 

Damn, nothing in my inbox! I blame the internetz! Anyways, PM sent again!!

Having 10 02's since 95 and not ONE with what I would call "great" belts, last month I finally ponied up and bought 2 brand new OEM Repas from W/N.  4 days shipping to FL and that was only like $50.  SOOOOOO nice, just like a belt in a new car.  All hardware included, just remove old crap and bolt in.  They even came with the little clippy thing that holds the latch up by your shoulder when you get out.

TK

Life's a garden baby, dig it.

My web album

75 Fjord

73 RHD Targa

I've got an early 02 as well; i felt your pain. Mine is a 1970 '02. I went with seatbeltplanet.com and the 3pt non retractable with the chrome latches. I had to get the floor anchors reversed by them; they did it at no charge. I would recommend them.

when you get ready to install inertia reel belts on your '69...I did a column some years ago on installing them in my '69 2002--with the infamous "spaghetti" seat belts.  They've been working just fine since about 1981 or so.  

Drop me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy (can't attach to PMs)

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

In my experience, Peacock (nbcbird) method is by far the easiest for early cars, period, no welding, just drilling a few holes. I don't know what method Mike is talking about but it is probably the same as Peacock's:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/98848-retractable-seat-belt-install/?hl=bluedevils

Al - my 69 needs some front retractable belts to replace the original "low" Klippans.  Will look at that thread again so we can discuss.

Jim

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 1 month later...

Having 10 02's since 95 and not ONE with what I would call "great" belts, last month I finally ponied up and bought 2 brand new OEM Repas from W/N.  4 days shipping to FL and that was only like $50.  SOOOOOO nice, just like a belt in a new car.  All hardware included, just remove old crap and bolt in.  They even came with the little clippy thing that holds the latch up by your shoulder when you get out.

TK

Repas? From W/N?   Linky?

thanks