• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 Bmw 2002 Very Clean Unmolested

Shin-2-Win

A very good friend of mine just took a job in London and didn't have time to find a home for his beloved 2002. I offered to help him find a new home for it and am starting by reaching out to the 2002 FAQ community before posting in more public places like CL etc.

Description of the car from the current owner:

"Clean body. Precision Motorworks (Seattle Interbay) have done all of the work on the car since I bought it in 2005. They are available to answer any questions that any prospective buyers might have about the upkeep of the car. (206) 282-1000. Ask for Irish Housden.

I am the 3rd owner of the car since it was new. I have done significant mechanical work on the car over the years (through Precision Motorworks). Drives great. It has been my daily driver since I bought it. I only drive from Ballard to downtown to work.

Here is a summary of the major work done on it, I have the detailed papers as well:

- Replaced Master Cylinder 2014-06

- Replaced both front struts and shock towers 2014-01

- Replaced intake manifold gasket 2013-06

- Replaced clutch assembly, resurfaced flywheel. 2012-06

- Rebuilt heater valve 2012-05

- Replaced radiator, thermostat. 2011-06

- Replaced rear wheel cylinders, shoes and drums. 2010-11

- Installed BMW factory remanufactured engine, alternator, water pump 2008-05

- Replace driveline guibo, front brakes. 2005-10

The previous owner painted the car in 1999. The color is not an original 2002 color, but is BMW metallic green (often seen on the 7 series cars).

Recaro seats. I put some seat covers on them. The seat covers are worn in some spots.

The previous owner put a Metric Mechanic 5 speed conversion into the car. Easy driving on the freeway.

Odometer has not worked since before I bought the car. I put the new engine in the car in 2008. I probably drive 6k miles a year on it, just Ballard to downtown Seattle for work. Six years later I would estimate the new engine has between 35k and 40k miles on it."

The prior owners have kept great records, so I have a huge folder with receipts dating back to 1984. In addition, there are three huge factory service binders with repair procedures, schematics, etc. From the records, it is clear that this car has been taken care of consistently throughout it's life and is a great unmolested example of the marque. The factory engine pulls strong and does not need oil added between scheduled changes. The gearbox shifts smoothly with the 5th gear really helping on the highway.

The car is located in Seattle, WA. Shipping or airport pick-up can be arranged as needed. I would not hesitate to drive it across the country tomorrow.

Asking price: $12,000

Attached are pictures, feel free to reach out to me with q's at jmcr90@live.com. Also happy to answer questions on the phone, just ping me over email and we'll go from there.

Year: 1976

Make: BMW

Model: 2002

Body and Interior: Clean body

15" period style wheels

Recaro seats

Engine and Drivetrain: Factory Reman engine

5 Speed Conversion

Suspension, Brakes: Recent strut replacements, great condition.