• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76 M42.....turbo swap

jakeb

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

There is a oil connection at the back of the head. m12x1.25 to AN3 fitting did the trick. need a manifold?

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net

• 3 months later...

This project got put on hold as I was working on my own e28 (needed for the new baby). Anyway..its "done" for the most part now so I am back to the turbo m42 car again.

I was having trouble with the tune a bit and a hot start issue so I changed the way the AFM is metering the air. Before I had it as a blow through. I changed around the charge piping and now it is setup as a draw through and using a bosch by pass valve instead of a blow off valve.

Going to do some driving in the AM when it is a bit cooler outside. 91 out right now is not very fun....

A few pictures.

IMAGE_1DBBD521-157D-499F-A607-CABA736F30CD.JPG

IMAGE_0CE10231-7392-492B-9FEF-89C1648BE648.JPG

You can sorta see the bpv here...

IMAGE_75BC17EB-C108-4F2C-9A70-D4934925E566.JPG

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

www.classicdaily.net

• 2 weeks later...

Tune is getting closer...got into boost a handful of times and at only 6psi it is FUN. I am going to push it closer to 10psi when all said and done.

Still having a hot start issue...it happens when the car is fully warm. Shut the car off and it will not restart right away. I swapped in the stock injectors and tune today and it ran fine and restarted when hot. I am thinking the injectors might be leaking a bit. Sending them off tomorrow to be cleaned, balanced, etc.

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

www.classicdaily.net

Hot start issue is fixed!! The problem was with the tune it self and dumping too much fuel in when starting. All is well now.

It is good fun.

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

www.classicdaily.net

Well it is going to go back to andy soon..day or two. Just drove it around a little bit and tweeked the tune a bit more. wow it is quick!!

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

www.classicdaily.net

Car left today.....it's been with me awhile and I'll miss her.

A couple videos...the video really doesn't do it justice. It is QUICK!

and

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

www.classicdaily.net

Just two smallish glasspacks. It is very quiet! But the turbo itself acts a little like a muffler too

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

www.classicdaily.net

It's Ireland's setup. I offer some brackets that place them a little further back tho.

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

www.classicdaily.net

• 2 weeks later...